I have almost written off this painting - the first attempt dissatisfied, I completely messed up the sky, overworked, which lead to mud where it was not supposed to be. At the point when all I wanted was to throw a messed sheet of paper away, said “No” to desperation and decided to give it a try. Washed the colors off with large water current in the sink and started once more. Then it came. I cannot say that I’m completely happy about the outcome – it is better – but I’m happy about the persistence it taught me.
I’ve learned another thing – overworking in a process of learning is way better than not doing enough. It teaches bravery in fixing flaws of the painting, applying new techniques, and gives outcomes which probably would never be possible without going too far.